Bedbugs may make you feel like you are not doing much when it comes to hygiene. They are an unwanted pest that interferes with human activity. We are familiar with the idea of bed bugs; Pesticides alone are not the answer to bed bugs. Bed bugs hide in baseboards, in cracks and crevices of the bed, under carpet edging and in walls. Bed bug pets control is something that you may not have had to deal with before.
With the invention of pesticides like DDT saw a great breakthrough in dealing with these pests. But of late, we have seen a comeback of these nasty little creatures. They bite, destroy damage property and make our lives more difficult. Treating bedbug bites is not the big issue; the big issue is first starting from the root cause of the problem. To effectively control bed bugs, it requires a good knowledge of the pest and its habits. Bed bugs are the most difficult pest to eradicate quickly. There are many pest control companies offering services.
Unfortunately, not everyone is capable of paying for these services. You could use some self-help home remedies to save yourself completely from these tiny devils. You can do this by yourself and professional pest controller is needed. This is easy to do you just need to follow these steps written below. With consistent patience and some hard work you have a100% chance of clearing of bed bugs in your home. For those who don’t reside in private residential it is advisable to alert the property manager.
Bed bugs are not easy to control even for trained people it’s a problem. Many pesticides are not effective at killing the eggs, so repeating treatment is often necessary to kill the younger ones after they come out. Even worse, some populations of bed bugs have developed high resistance to common insecticides. This has made most sprays look ineffective. You can try other methods like heat and steam treatments, structural fumigations and cold treatments.
How to Treat a Bed Bug Bite fast at home
So far trea oil is the most common remedy for dealing with bedbug bites. Tree Oil comes from steam distillation of the leaves of Melaleuca Alternifolia. The oil from the leaves is used for healing bites from bedbugs. Its antifungal and antiseptic properties make it an outstanding bedbug treatment approach.
Use baking soda to treat bed bug bites
You can make a paste of baking soda mixed with water. Slowly add small quantity of water to baking soda powder using a blender to have a thick paste. Apply the pasted mixture to the affected area and leave it for 60 minutes. After 60 minutes has elapsed you can wash it off with warm water.
Use Soap and Water to Treat Bed Bug Bites
Use soap and water to treat the bite and itch. You can use lukewarm water and soap to wash the affected area. Use a wet hand scrub it with soap slowly. Make think soapy forms with your hands and rub lather on the infected area. Continuously do the process until it is completely covered with the soap lather. Do not wash off the soap let it dry on the affected area. The next day you will wake up with no pain and the bites healed with the swellings reduced too.
Take a warm bath to treat bed bug bites
Take a lukewarm bath with 1/2 cup of concentrated peppermint oil. You can also use powdered oats for better results. They reduce the itching and swellings. Baking soda is also an excellent remedy to add to the lukewarm water for your bath.
You can use white vinegar to treat bed bug bites
White vinegar can be used by applying the vinegar to the affected area. You can also use a cotton ball, soak it in the vinegar and apply it on the infected area. The vinegar reduces the swellings and also reduces pain and itching caused by the bedbug bites.
You can use Witch Hazel to Treat Bed Bug Bites
So many regular astringents can be used in treating bedbug bites. One of them is witch hazel that can be dipped in lemon juice and rubbed on the affected area. Rub it on the itchy bite till it is completely dried up.
When dealing with bedbug control in your home:
- Never use pesticides meant for garden or agricultural use.
- Never use products that appear to be homemade or products purchased from someone without a license.
Steps to consider for bed bug control
- Use a torchlight and credit card to search out bed bugs by inserting the card along the cracks and crevices to push out the bugs. To trap the bugs you can use the sticky tape. The infections can be cleaned using hot soapy water. The bugs, blood stains, droppings, eggs and shed skins can be washed with salty water. Putting glue traps around the area of the bed is a good way of checking whether bed bugs are in the area. If you find any in between the traps, call a bed bug control expert right away.
- Bed bug bites usually leave a long reddish itchy line on the body, with a small indentation in the middle of each bite. People’s reaction to bites is often different depending on the individual.
- Killing all bedbugs on your bed frame and headboard. To do this you can hire a pest control professional. You have to make sure that your bed frame is free from bed bug. Spraying can remove many bed bugs but not very well at removing eggs. Wash the bed frame, and any around the bed area where bed bugs might hide.
- Putting glue traps around the area of the bed is a good way of checking whether bed bugs are in the area. If you find any in between the traps, call a bed bug control expert right away.
- Bed bug bites usually leave along reddish itchy line on the body, with a small indentation in the middle of each bite. People’s reaction to bites is often different depending on the individual.
- Don’t throw your bed away. It is unnecessary to throw away beds or bedding because it is expensive to buy bedding. There are chances of replaced mattress you bring into the home to get re- infested. That money to replace a mattress might be spent on hiring a fumigator. Don’t throw away your mattress incase you see bedbugs in them. Bed bugs are a persistent pest and completely clearing them from your premises needs a lot of devotion and continuous fumigation.